Proflex® Primer is a unique, extremely flexible, two-component epoxy membrane. It is solvent-free and exhibits excellent tensile strength and elongation under ambient as
- 100% solids for low odor during installation
- Less hazardous.
- Self-priming and leveling on properly prepared surfaces.
- Self-leveling when sufficient material is applied.
- Fills depressions, spalled areas and cracks.
- Absorbs movement to help prevent reflective cracking.
- Remains flexible over a wide range of temperatures.
SURFACE PREPARATIONSurface and air temperature must be a minimum of 50°F. during installation and initial cure. Surface should be checked for soundness. Standard surface preparation practice should be followed, including thorough cleaning and drying.
Proflex® Primer comes as a two-part system, Part A catalyst and Part B epoxy liquid. Two parts of Part A are mixed with one part of Part B prior to application. Pot life is approximately 1 hour at which time the mixture begins to gel.
Examples of substrates that need to be coated with Proflex Primer® prior to application of EPDM Liquid Rubber® or Liquid ProPoly® F9600 series are:
- Rigid Foams
- Previously Painted Surfaces
- Spray On Urethane Foams
- Smooth Aluminum, New Galvanized Steel, Glass and Plastics such as ABS, Polypropylene, PVC, Polystyrene, Acrylic, Hypalon and other Thermoplastic Olefin membranes must be primed with Proflex Primer®
TYPICAL PROPERTIES (When mixed)
||1:1 by volume
|Shore D Hardness (72 hrs):
||100% @ 730 psi
|| 174 inch-lbs.
||1/8” no crack
|Tensile Strength – Ambient:
|Tensile Strength – Chilled:
|Elongation – Ambient:
|Elongation – Chilled:
|Modulus of Elasticity – Ambient:
|Modulus of Elasticity – Chilled:
|Hot Tire Print
||No permanent imprint @ 2 hrs.,140°F
The information presented herein is furnished free of charge and is based on technical data that Advanced Rubber Coatings believes to be reliable. It is intended for use by persons having technical skill and is at their own discretion and risk. Since conditions of use are outside our control we make no warranties, express or implied, and assume no liability in connection with any use of this information. Nothing herein is to be taken as a license to operate or a recommendation to infringe any patents.
ProFlex® Primer Order Page